November 9, 2012 Leave a comment
We are proud to announce that BluFi Lending has pledged a $50,000-donation to Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego (RCHSD) over the next three years. At BluFi Lending, besides delivering transparent responsible lending to our customers, we feel strongly about supporting organizations that make a difference. Our executives and BluFi Cares committee members chose RCHSD because of the organization’s efforts to care for the most seriously ill and fragile children.
BluFi’s donation has already been put to good use, benefiting several programs at the hospital:
- Peckham Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders: providing specialized cancer treatment and hematology services including blood and bone marrow transplants.
- A Bronze Frog in The Royal Frog Court: a garden breezeway that connects the Acute Care Pavilion to the hospital’s main building.
- Integrative Medicine Program: using non-traditional methods such as nutrition, acupuncture, meditation and massage to cope with a cancer diagnosis and complement the medical treatment plan prescribed by the oncologist.
- Thriving After Cancer (TAC) Program: increasing the quality of life of pediatric cancer survivors through the provision of individualized, multidisciplinary follow-up care throughout their lives.
- H.O.P.E.S fund (Hematology/Oncology Parents Extending Support): offering support to families whose children receive hematology and oncology services at RCHSD. Includes financial assistance, special holiday events, support groups, meal assistance and more.
RCHSD is a nonprofit, 442-bed pediatric-care facility, the only hospital in the San Diego area dedicated exclusively to pediatric healthcare, and the region’s only designated pediatric trauma center. For more information on Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego and its programs, visit: http://www.rchsd.org/aboutus/getinvolved/index.htm.
“When our team looked at non-profits to support and decided on Rady Children’s Hospital I was delighted because caring for children is very dear to my heart,” said BluFi President and CEO John Lee. “I have always believed when you are successful, it is your responsibility to give back to the community, and children need our care most of all. I’m proud to lead BluFi Lending in this compassionate support of San Diego kids and the hospital and doctors that care for them.”
In fact, supporting deserving organizations is so important to BluFi employees, that we created our own charitable outreach program, BluFi Cares. BluFi Cares is a volunteer committee of BluFi Lending employees. Throughout the year, the committee selects organizations like RCHSD to support through donations and volunteerism. Previous organizations we have supported include Make-a-Wish Foundation, San Diego Food Bank, The Angel’s Depot, Wounded Warrior Project, and Dress for Success.